Wednesday 15 March 2017

Winning Woman: Nadia

Asalaam aleikum loves, I think i jinxed myself lol, i was so proud of how this segment was doing then i skipped almost 3 weeks in a row, sorry guys, i will definitely get more organized in shaa Allah. Meet, Nadia, a fierce, empowered and inspiring woman who i have had the pleasure of knowing. Without further adieu lets get to the interview.



1.       Tell us a little about yourself, who is Nadia? 
·         My name is Nadia but a lot of people call me (Fierce Naddy). I am simple yet complex young Muslim lady from Mombasa who is constantly working on ways and means to break societies ideology on what a woman can and cannot do. Built with a fierce attitude I am a lover of life, a Dreamer and a Women Empowerment Activist. I acquired my Bachelors (Hons) in Public Relations in Malaysia at Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus and I am currently taking up my Masters in Arts in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy in Berlin, Germany.

2.       What is it that you do as a career?
·         Hmm this is quite tough to answer! However, I am soon going to be an ‘Author’ ( I guess the cats out of the bag!). In addition to that, I am a Communication and Image consultant, I started my business last year focusing on creating events for women to inspire and Empower them in our society with their unique perspective in Fashion, Image and Current Affairs Affecting women at large. Furthermore, I am the co-founder of WALINZI a community that advocates and provides basic needs to the underprivileged children in Kenya.

3.       What’s the hardest and the best part about your job?
·         The hardest is keeping it alive and going, with so many small businesses in Kenya your business has to constantly stay relevant, be able to be up to customer’s satisfaction, create prices that would be customer friendly and still make money. Best part is knowing that I am making a difference in someone’s life by inspiring and empowering them one way or another, being the voice of those voiceless and also knowing that I will be bring hope into underprivileged children’s lives.

4.       You have a blog called ‘Fiercelymodest’, tell us more about that?
·         My Blog is my first child, it is a place where I can be myself fully and speak to those who wish to be spoken to! ‘Fiercely modest’ is a platform where I believe all women should go to when they need to be Empowered, when they are looking for inspiration, in need of a good laugh and just a glimpse of different Lifestyles. Fiercely modest is for everyone fierce, fabulous and full of life.

5.       In moments of self-doubt or adversity, how do you build yourself back up?
·         I first Cry (it helps me release all the frustration and negative energy) then I pen down the reason why I feel the way that I do. From there I say a prayer and then I think about why I started doing what I do, I remember how far I have come from where I was then I praise myself for that. From there I take 5 minutes, clear my head and get back to where I left of. A lot of times it doesn’t happen in this order but these are the steps I take.

6.       What does success mean to you?
·         Success to me means being able to touch people’s hearts and making a difference in their lives, in all positive ways possible. It also means being happy in that particular point you are in your life. A lot of people get confused and see success as having a lot of money and that is why we live in a world full of people with hallow spaces in their souls.

7.       What quote or saying or book do you live by or rather inspires you?
·         “So many people are missing their way in life because they are afraid to sign the lease on their gift.”

·         “Some parts of your vision are meant to be shared, in confidence, only with a trusted mentor, friend, or family member. And some aspects of your vision honestly don’t need to go beyond your prayer time with God.”

·         These two quotes are from Steve Harvey’s book, Act like a Success, Think like a Success.This is the book that got me to where I am today.

8.       Which of your traits are you most proud of, why?
·         My Kindness and willingness to help anyone unconditionally, I love how I am always willing to help anybody achieve what they want as long as they ask me. It is my nature but also because I know how hard and harsh life and society can be that is why I am always willing to give out my helping hand. And being kind doesn’t cost a thing, we are all struggling day in and day out, so I believe it is only right to show kindness at each and every step of the way as you never know whose day you are making.

9.       What characteristic do you most admire in other women, career women or otherwise?
·         Consistency, perseverance and the ability to not give up whatsoever I believe these are the characteristic I admire in women in any type of field; be it a Career woman, A House Wife, A single Mother and so on. In the world we live in right now women have to have these characteristics to prove to the rest of the world that anything is possible and can be achieved by a woman no matter what position or situation they are in.

10.   What’s the best piece of advice you have ever received in your life and what advice would you give to girls who look up to you?
·         Best Advice Received was from my Mother:  It is okay if they don’t like you, it is okay if they think you are fake, you are not living your life to please anyone and those who know your worth and love you will never second guess you and always be by your side.



·         Learn how to love and appreciate yourself unconditionally before putting yourself out there be it; in a Relationship, Marriage, at Work, on Social Media and the list goes on. The World is a beautiful place but people aren’t kind and each stage in your life you will be Broken, Put Down, Questioned, Laughed at and just left stranded. But once you have Love and Appreciation for Yourself all these things would be mere waves that you are passing through. You are the only person that can bring out the best version of yourself.


No comments :

Post a Comment